The new semester has finally started and, as anticipated, I’ve been busy with teaching and course preparations. I’m glad that I had time over Winter Term to code the game, get the functionality figured out, and polish the game interface. I’m going to test the game prototype in about two months and, as it currently stands, I only have some minor tweaking to do and development of instructional resources.
And apply it to a beer bottle, which needs to be entirely transparent. So, I made an object for the label inside of Blender and applied the label as a texture before importing it into Unity. I did the same thing with the beer bottle, albeit with a space in the model where the beer label object would be inserted. Once inside Unity, I created a compound object composed of the the Blender objects. And here’s the result:
A minor detail, perhaps, but one that I think adds a little extra layer of authenticity to the game, although I don’t know whether the students will take time to think about the extra work that it entailed. Now that I got the clear and brown glass bottles finished, I just have to do the green glass bottles and non-recyclable trash and the game will be mostly finished. And, by the way, Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier is really good.